Facebook vanity URL!!

No doubt that you have heard of Facebook vanity URL, it is a thing for which everyone was so excited from days. It is quite a bigger success for Facebook. As I was seeing the statistics that within first seven minutes of launch of this service 345,000 users grabbed the URL’s and within 15 minutes over a half million users have grabbed one, it was on first come first serve basis. I was doing some research and I found that the best URL so far is “facebook.com/default.aspx” chosen by a user. I know some of you will be amazed that doesn’t it conflict with facebook's default page :P..well no it is not going to create a problem as facebook is built in php not asp J. I have also read in different websites that some people selected good URL’s and are now auctioning it to make some good money. But there are also some people who are sad as they were unable get their favorite URL, because it is taken by someone else before them :P. I think it’s a good thing to give everyone a unique URL as a name instead of a number(as it was previously) as it will help in tracking friends and stuff. I haven’t got one for me up till now, I hope I will be able to get a good one J

0 comments:

Post a Comment